Sunart Paths Network is a working group which formed in early 2017. The group's mission is to x,yandz
Loch Sunart Development Group formed in early 2017 to take forwards ideas and aspirations of the community...
We are working to put together a feasibility and viability study to inform us of costs, potential uses and communtiy benefits of Longrigg Woodland.
Hoping to build a fit for purpose community shed for people of all ages to come and tinker, work on projects and have a cuppa.
- Strontian Visitor Information Centre
- Sunart Heritage
- Swimming pool feasibility
- Glen Hurich investigations - Polloch Cabins investigations
- Strontian Community School Building Ltd
- Raise the Anchor
Sunart Paths Network
Sunart Paths Network formed early 2017. The working group's mission is to improve and promote paths and trails in Sunart.
Loch Sunart Development Group
formed early 2017.
The working group's mission is to xyz
Sunart Community Woodland
Longrigg Woodland Feasibility
Sunart Men's Shed
formed in 2017
A place where people can come together to socialise, share skills, work on community projects and more...
We are investigating the potential siting of a new fit for purpose community workshop for the Men's Shed group. At the Sunart Community Company Extraodinary Meeting, we held a discussion about potential sites, and the most prefered site was the Old Compost Site, which is discussed, has a central location, has all necessary services near by.
If you have any thoughts please contact Izzy
If you would like to get involved, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Our other projects:
- Strontian Visitor Information Centre. In winter 2017, Visit Scotland announced the closure of the Visitor Information Centre located in the centre of Strontian. The Sunart Community Council asked the Community Company to investigate and persue the aquisition of the building. The main aim will be to secure the Visitor Information service for Sunart and the wider area and encorporate local business use to ensure that it is viable to run and sustain.
- Strontian Community School Building Ltd. Building the first community owned primary school in the country. The Sunart Communtiy Company supports this exciting project. You can find out more on their website: Strontian Community School Building LTD
- Raise the Anchor. The Sunart Community Company is working with the Community Council to progress an exciting project to Raise the Anchor of the Floating Free Church of Loch Sunart. Find out more on the website: Strontian Floating Church
Polloch Cabins. The Forestry Enterprise Scotland notified the Sunart Community Council and Sunart Community Company that they may wish to earmark the Polloch Cabins for disposal in the future. As a public body, they must notify the community first to see if the community wishes to purchase an asset. We are conducting surveys of people in Polloch and carrying out investigations over what potential the site has.
Glen Hurich. As above, Forest Enterprise Scotland have notified the community that they may wish to dispose of an area of woodland/hill ground in the future. We are carrying out investigations to see what the potential benefits of the site may be.
Sunart Archives. In the 2014 and subsiquent community surveys, local heritage has been highlighted as an area of priority. Anyone with a particular interest in the subject, please contact Izzy.
Swimming pool feasibility. There is a working group who are looking into potential sustainable options and gathering information about community owned swimming pools.