Aims & Objectives
The purpose of the Sunart Community Company is enshrined in the rather complex document known as the Articles of Association.
The revised Articles, agreed at 2012’s AGM and which match the requirements of the Companies Act (2006), can be found in this file.
The main purposes of the SCC are:
- To promote for the public benefit rural regeneration, following principles of sustainable development, where ‘sustainable development’ means development which meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generations to meet their own needs, in areas of social and economic deprivation within the Community by all or any of the following means:
- The relief of poverty in such ways as may be thought fit;
- The relief of unemployment in such ways as may be thought fit, including assistance to find employment;
- The advancement of education, training or retraining, particularly amongst unemployed people, and providing unemployed people with work experience;
- The creation of training and employment opportunities by the provision of workspace, buildings and/or land for use on favourable terms;
- The provision of housing for those who are in conditions of need and the improvement of housing in the public sector or in charitable ownership provided that such power shall not extend to relieving any local authorities or other bodies of a statutory duty to provide or improve housing;
- The advancement of environmental protection or improvement;
- The preservation of buildings or sites of historic or architectural importance;
- The provision or assistance in the provision of recreational facilities for the public at large and/or those who, by reasons of their youth, age, infirmity or disablement, poverty or social and economic circumstances, have need of such facilities;
- The protection or conservation of the environment;
- The provision of public health facilities and childcare.